In December of last year, I created a goal of 17 different travel-related bucket list items that I had hoped to accomplish in 12 months. As 2019 comes to close, I am reflecting on the places I was able to cross off my list, and then some!
- Married in Cancun– This was the first item checked off of my 30 before 30 list too!
- Visit Martha’s Vineyard
- Go to Oktoberfest in Leavenworth– So similar to Germany.
- See the blue grotto in Capri– So, we didn’t get to actually go into the grotto, because it was too busy. But, we did take a boat trip around the island of Capri.
- Tour Washington DC– Different from years past, we explored the National Harbor. This area has recently been re-done and is a gorgeous space away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.
- Visit Mt. Rainier
- Visit Olympic National Park
- Go whale watching at Orcas Island– Even in the rain, this was a dream come true!
- Visit 2 new sports stadiums– They were State Farm Stadium in Arizona and London Stadium in London.
- Girls trip– We spent some time under the desert sky at Under Canvas in Tucson.
- Go zip-lining at Whistler
- Watch the Red Sox play the Yankees in London– Jolly good time.
- Take a cooking class in Paris– Best macarons ever!
- Visit Niagara Falls
- Go to Disneyland during Christmas
- Have high-tea in London– Cheers!
- Watch the Seahawks in Arizona– Watch the Seahawks WIN in Arizona!
All in all, 2019 was very successful when it came to travel. Out of 17 items, I was able to check off 11 of bucket list items. In addition, 2019 also presented a lot of unexpected, yet incredible travel opportunities. One (a big one) being Rob and my trip/move across the country from Seattle to Boston. We stopped at some major bucket list places for me like Mount Rushmore, The Field of Dreams and Chicago.
My hope is that 2020 brings you many blessings, both big and small! And remember, adventure is out there!